Sunday, January 19, 2014

Summer in the Rockies?

Okay folks, now THIS is getting ridiculous! Yesterday I may have mentioned that I do not care for winter. You may have had to read between the lines as I wasn't very direct with my words. In case you missed it, I might have alluded to the fact that maybe, just maybe winter is not my favorite season. I'm speaking in jest of course. Everybody knows of my strong aversion to winter.

The sun is shining today and I was beginning to feel a little better in regards to winter. That was until I turned on the Denver Broncos football game. I was watching the game (being played in Denver) and I noticed how nice (and warm) the weather looked. Hmmm... my mind must have been playing tricks on me, right? Then I saw some fans in the crowd with short sleeved shirts on? Wait... what? Did somebody switch the game to Miami and forget to tell me? Nope. I was definitely looking at Denver. A quick internet search for a Denver weather report showed a forecasted high temperature of 66°. Are you kidding me? Keep in mind this is January in the Rocky Flippin' Mountains, folks, and they are enjoying a balmy 66°! Here I sit in Lawrenceburg, Indiana with no mountains for miles around and I'm shivering my tail off. There's something SO wrong with this picture. This coming week we are preparing for single digit temperatures as another arctic blast is headed our way. Meanwhile the good people of Denver, a mile high in the Rockies, are busting out the shades and sunscreen. I can't win.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment