Thursday, March 14, 2013

Abby is a doll

Yes, Abby is a doll, but that's not what I'm talking about here. She's performing in her school's musical, Guys and Dolls this weekend. She doesn't have a speaking part this time. She's a member of the chorus. I've never seen the entire production, but I am vaguely familiar with the show's content. There are gangsters, street gamblers, a dance club called "The Hot Box", harlots and other women of questionable reputation. I question whether this is appropriate content for a high school play. Abby reports some of the outfits the girls are wearing are, um... skimpy. (not hers, thank Goodness!) This concerns me greatly, but I will wait until I see them for myself before I say what I think. The dancers in the show are called "The Hot Box Girls". They are dressed as slinky cats and sing a song called "Pet Me Papa". Ummmm, once again I'll wait until I see the show, but I must admit I am concerned about what will be presented on the school stage. I really hope the show is much more tame than I am envisioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment