Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring has sprung!

Spring rolled into town this morning at 7:02 A.M. With a blast of cold air and the chance of flurries through the weekend, spring has graced us with its presence.

My dad was a fan of goofy humor and silly poems. I don't think dad knew who Ogden Nash was, but I remember him quoting a portion of one of Nash's poems every year. "Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where all the birdies is?". I have no idea why dad enjoyed saying this every year, but he did.

I saw a segment on the news last night that said this same three day period last year (March 20-22), the temperatures were 81, 82, and 82 respectively. Oh the pain! When you see this week's forecast, remembering what we had last year is like rubbing salt in a wound.

I know our time will come and the air will inevitably warm, the grass will turn green and the flowers and trees will bloom. Until then we'll watch as winter makes its last gasp and slips off quietly into the past. Goodbye winter. I wish I never knew you.

No comments:

Post a Comment