Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Not a rose garden

The posts on this blog are mostly humorous and light-hearted. I prefer it that way. I've said from the beginning if you are looking for hard-hitting politics or controversial topics, this is not the blog for you. However, life is not always easy. It's not always sunshine and rainbows. Life is not always rosy. We live in a dark, sinful, fallen world. There will be troubles. We will face trials and tribulations. This week has made that abundantly clear.

A few weeks ago Michael bought a used car. This past weekend he started having a lot of trouble with it. I'll spare the details, but some significant repairs are needed. In the mean time he is using Tami's car and she is without one. We pray these inconveniences are temporary. On a more permanent note... my job gets increasingly difficult and stressful with each passing day. I don't typically whine and complain about much, so I will once again spare you the details. I will only say the difficulties with my work (and public education for that matter) have very little possibility of improving. I'm not a dooms-dayer, but I am realistic about the situation. There is very little in my job that has any chance of changing. This is a fact I must accept.

All I ask is for your prayers. There is only One who can help. There is hope for my situation in Christ alone. Christ is a solid rock foundation and I choose to build my house on that rock. Everything else is sinking sand.

Sorry to be such a downer today, folks. My blog, my thoughts and feelings. Life is not always a rose garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment