Wednesday, February 13, 2013

To God be the glory!

Since October Tami and I have hosted a weekly Bible study in our home. At first I was intimidated. Knowing I had an embarrassingly limited knowledge of the Bible, who did I think I was? Me teaching somebody else about the Bible? I must be kidding, right?

Well since that time, I have learned that what little Bible knowledge I have is being put to good use by the Holy Spirit. The real Bible scholar in the house is Tami. She does the lesson prep and also presents the lesson. My role is to fill in the gaps and to help the group understand when they are unclear about something. We are currently working our way through the book of John.

We have all learned a lot and are looking forward to learning more. It is an honor and a privilege to study the Word of God in our home. Above all we want the Truth to be spoken and God to be glorified. It's amazing that the message of the Gospel can be spread through a total schmoe like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment