Tuesday, February 26, 2013

We can't bear to look!

It's been about a month since Michael moved out. In that time, his former bedroom door has remained closed. Neither Tami nor I can bear to open it and look into the dark, cold and virtually empty room. To my knowledge Tami has never opened it. I only open it to retrieve the vacuum we store in his now empty closet. It may sound strange to hear, but it's painful to open that door. A room that was once decorated with teenage boy stuff and filled with life is now a dead zone. The day will come when that room will be transformed into a playroom for the grandchildren, but it's not time yet. Michael hasn't been gone that long. It's not as if I think he may come back. I am relatively certain he won't. It's just too soon... that's all. I miss my son. I miss my son just like I still miss Jessi and she's been gone more than ten years.

No comments:

Post a Comment