Friday, February 15, 2013

The Bachelor Life

As you probably know, Michael moved into a condo with a couple of buddies. He did this to be nearer to his school and workplace. Just when you think your kids are growing up, they quickly remind you how far they have to go. After his first night in his new place, I asked Michael how everything went. He said, "Great! We had an EPIC Nerf war!" Say what? I meant are you getting settled or do you guys need anything? What's next? We built a really cool fort with tinker toys? Sheesh!

Then yesterday, I had the following text message correspondence with him:

Michael: Dad, this may sound like a stupid question, but do you think you can train a beta fish to play fetch?

Me: Ummmmm, I dunno, why? (honestly I thought he was setting me up for some corny joke)

Michael:I want a beta fish and I've heard you can train goldfish to fetch, so I thought maybe it would work with beta fish.

Me: I have no idea, maybe you could Google it or something.

Michael: Okay thanks.

Me: Ummmm... shouldn't you be studying or something?


It sounds like Michael is enjoying the bachelor life. I heard next week they're making a coffee table out of Legos (just kidding).

No comments:

Post a Comment