Friday, February 8, 2013

The Grill Master

Throughout the Meyer family I am known as The Grill Master. I love to grill and feel like I'm pretty good at it. Any time we have a family cookout, I'm the guy who does all the grilling. I guess I came upon this title honestly. My grandpa was an expert on the grill and my dad was too. I learned by watching them and by experimenting with my own grill as an adult.

Obviously the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. Last night I received a text from Michael. He had grilled some chicken for his buddies in the new condo and was quite pleased with the results. Here's what he said:

"Dad, I grilled some chicken for the first time. Good thing you taught me that growing up. I was worried it wouldn't come out right, but I just did what you showed me and it tastes just like yours."

It looks like the grilling tradition will go on in the Meyer family for another generation. That's my boy! He's a chip off the ol' charcoal briquette!


No comments:

Post a Comment