Saturday, February 9, 2013

Too lazy to put my own feet up

I think I'll be going to sleep much earlier from now on. Tami found a really good deal on a recliner and we bought it today. It's really soft and really comfortable. Here's the thing though. Instead of a manually lifted footrest, the new chair has a motor that lifts the footrest at the touch of a button. My laziness has hit a new high (or possibly a new low, depending on how you look at it). I'm now too lazy to even lift my own feet. I have an electric motor to do it for me.

I'm guessing I'll be missing the end of many movies. I'm sure I'll start lots of them, but will fall asleep before the credits roll. I can envision this being my version of Archie Bunker's chair. I'll shoo away anybody who sits in MY chair. I may even get one of those cool TV trays and have a few meals in the chair. It's going to a really nice place to have my coffee and read my Bible too.

I can already tell this recliner and I are going to be very close. You might even say we'll be inseparable :-) I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

This is the type of power recliner we bought. Mine is a little darker though.


Could this be my new dinner table?

1 comment:

  1. It's been a great 21 years, Hon! I never thought you'd leave me for a chair. Now I have to get used to turning the TV volume up so I can hear it over your snoring! Teehee!

    -Me

    ReplyDelete