Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Good News!

I just heard from my mother-in-law. She accompanied Tami to the hospital for her test.

The doctor says he saw nothing serious. There is indeed scar tissue in her esophagus. He also stretched the esophagus while he was in there. Hopefully this brings some relief to her swallowing difficulties.

As of 1:15, she is resting comfortably in the recovery room. I will post a further update when I get home from work today and can assess the situation for myself.

And for those of you who think I'm some sort of insensitive husband for not going with Tami to the hospital. There is a very valid reason. All schools in Ohio are taking the Ohio Achievement Test today and it would be unthinkable for a teacher to be absent today. This is the standardized test that is used to measure my success (or failure) as a teacher. As unfair as that is, it's the way it is. Anyway, I would have been with Tami if I could have been. I was praying for her the whole time. I am grateful to my mother-in-law for being with Tami today.

No comments:

Post a Comment