Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rumble Rumble

Last week I mentioned sitting on the patio with my grandpa while he grilled. As I sit in my chair this evening, I can hear thunder rumbling in the distance. This brings to mind something else I remember about my grandpa. He loved to sit out on the patio/porch and watch thunderstorms roll in. I have always loved thunderstorms as well. I attribute this love of storms to those early days sitting with my grandpa. I love to listen to the distant roll of thunder and hear the patter of rain as the storm moves in. I love the brilliant flashes of lightning, the increasing intensity of the wind and the increasing volume of the thunder as the storm reaches its full force. Then the reverse happens as the storm wanes until all is quiet again. Thunderstorms are so beautiful and I'll never understand how people can be afraid of them. I have also passed this love of storms to my own children. When they were little they would cheer when thunderstorms came through. As they have gotten older, they appreciate (as I do), the beauty of God's creation... thunderstorms and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment