Wednesday, April 17, 2013

One of those days

Have you ever had one of those days where you would have given almost anything to stay in bed? I had that thought this morning. I was awakened around 4:00 by gentle, rolling thunder, flashes of lightning and a gentle, steady rain. I mentioned yesterday how much I love thunderstorms. I especially like to be in bed during thunderstorms. There is something so peaceful and relaxing about laying in my dark bedroom lit occasionally by lightning, listening to the sounds of the storm outside. Please understand I am not talking about those violent storms where it sounds like your house is going to come down. I'm talking about those everyday, run of the mill thunderstorms. I could have laid there for hours this morning. Instead, the peaceful sounds of nature were painfully interrupted by an obnoxious electronic alarm clock. What a cruel contrast. From pure peace and serenity to being jolted out of bed by a buzzer.

The beauty of God's creation continues to amaze me. I am always in awe of the beauty a simple storm can bring. The rain also gives the earth the drink it needs to continue to burst forth with the new life of spring.

Sometimes we forget to appreciate the simple things. Instead of looking at the storm as something that woke you from your slumber, look at it for what it really is... a glorious gift from God. Take the time to stop, watch and listen. It's way better than American Idol. I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment