Thursday, April 25, 2013

Teenager in training

Okay folks, it's official. Sveta is an American through and through. She's 5 years old and has lived in this country 14 months. She's already acting like a teenager. Read the following e-mail from Sveta's mommy to see what I mean:




Today Sveta received a consequence while we were running errands. After being asked not to touch everything at the post office, she decided to ring the bell on the counter multiple times while the lady was standing right there helping me. So, she had to lay in bed for 5 minutes at rest time before looking at books.
Fast forward to rest time. She was whining about the 5 minutes, and when I left the room she made a loud grunting noise like screaming. (We've been working on not growling/grunting since she heard an older kid do it to her parents). I reminded her that we do not grunt at people and we use words. I then told her she had to rest for 10 minutes. She then stated very emphatically, "You are ruining my life!". I don't even think I said anything, but left the room before I burst out laughing. Where did she get that?? Anyway, I just wanted you to know I am now raising a 15 year old apparently... since she already thinks I'm ruining her life. She's seen NOTHING yet. Hehe!




Oh my Goodness! We laughed until we cried when we read that story. Can't you just hear a 5 year old saying that? She's already acting like a teenager and we LOVE it! The fun is just beginning. Just wait until the baby arrives and Sveta gets a little older. The adventures will be endless! It's going to be a great show and we don't even have to buy a ticket :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment