Monday, April 29, 2013

The great shelf debacle

Last week I mentioned how much fun I was having bidding on items from estate sales. Tami's employer, Caring Transitions, runs online auctions for various and sundry items. Just last week I got a brand new (tags still attached) weed whacker for $1. I got a whole box of assorted gardening tools and accessories for $1. I got an electric hedge trimmer for $3. I know this probably seems like nothing more than a glorified, electronic yard sale... and in many ways it is. But the stuff I've purchased for dirt cheap prices is all stuff I can use. I'm not really a guy who's into hoarding junk.

This brings me to the reason for this post. Yesterday Tami was showing me some really nice shelving units. They have a metal frame and have good, sturdy, thick wood shelves. There are 6 units, but they have been bolted together in pairs (making 3 larger units instead of 6 smaller ones). Each of these three "paired" units is listed as a separate auction item. Tami and I agreed to bid on 2 out of the 3 units. Last night somebody had a higher bid on the third unit and in a brain cramp of epic proportions I placed a higher bid on the third unit (DUH!). Hopefully somebody will outbid me on one of the units and my brain cramp won't create a problem. However, if all three bids hold, I may end up being the owner of three shelving units when I only need two.

Here's where you all come in... If I do indeed win all three units, is there anybody who would like a set of these shelves? I would give them to you FREE. Each set is 6 feet wide and 6 feet tall. If you choose to separate them, you would have two separate units 3 feet wide and 6 feet tall. If it matters, the units are 18 inches deep. Obviously if I win only two out of three units, the offer would be null and void.

If you're interested, you can e-mail me at: mmeyer@sbepschools.org You can also call me on my cell phone. I won't publish the number here, but if you're reading this, you probably have my number anyway.

Here's a photo of the shelves:



No comments:

Post a Comment