Friday, April 5, 2013

Sveta Date!

Yesterday was a wonderful day. I had the opportunity to spend the entire day with Sveta all by myself! I like to think of this as a "Sveta Date".

I started by cooking her a nice lunch... grilled cheese, grapes and chocolate milk. Yum! The weather is still a bit cold so I was looking for an indoor activity. I took her to Florence Mall where she rode the indoor carousel, which she called the "American-go-round" (merry-go-round), played at the indoor playground and rode a train that goes throughout the entire mall. Of course no date would be complete without ice cream. I spent a lot of time carrying her on my shoulders because (as she put it)"My feet are tired of walking. Can I have a piggyback ride?" Who's gonna say no to THAT? I know she was having fun because she was smiling the whole time and because she said, "This day is exciting!". I have to agree with her. I think I was having more fun than she was. In short, we had an absolute blast together. She is nothing but a pure joy to be around.

This trip also brought up some sentimental feelings. When I was dating Tami we would look for things to do that would entertain Jessi (Sveta's Mommy) and didn't cost a bunch of money. Many days we'd end up at Florence Mall doing the exact same thing I did with Sveta today. Deja' vu! It was a bit strange to say the least. But I could not have had any more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment