Wednesday, April 24, 2013

This could be a problem

I mentioned Tami's new job with Caring Transitions. The company handles senior downsizing, relocations and estate sales. Much of Tami's job is downloading pictures to the computer, typing descriptions of the items and then posting them online for auction. Today she actually gets to go with her bosses to the estate of a new client. Who knows what treasures they may encounter.

Why would all this be a problem for me? Well, I find myself wanting to bid on many of the items myself. I don't want to spend Tami's entire salary on a bunch of stuff I don't really need. I think it's just a novelty right now and I'll settle down after a while.  The auctions are conducted just like those on e-Bay and minimum bids always start at $1.00. Just last night I found out I won three items I bid on last week. I got a variety of garden tools for a buck, an electric hedge trimmer for $6 and a cordless weed whacker for $6. $13.00 dollars certainly won't break the bank, but I do have to be careful not to lose my head. From this point on I will keep my eyes open only for things I need and will try to refrain from frivolous purchases. I'm hoping to get a new (used) lawnmower at some point, but I'm kind of picky about them, so it may not work out. We'll see. You never know what may come up.

Just in case you are interested, here's the web address to the auctions:

ctonlineauctions.com

Click the button that says, "Online Stores". West Cincy is the local franchise. It's actually on the second page of the list of online stores. Check back frequently as new items are added all the time. Happy shopping! (just don't outbid me on something I'm bidding on… haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment