Sunday, February 9, 2014

18 floors of Patriotism



It takes a lot to get me to post a video on this blog. However, I couldn't help myself with this one. At a Marriott in Louisville, Kentucky, 1000 high students were in town to participate in an event for the State Choir of Kentucky. Every night at curfew (11 P.M.), the students come out on their balconies and sing the National Anthem. It's just a beautiful sight (and sound). What a cool thing for these kids to do.

This video brought me to tears. Not just because a thousand high schoolers would do this, but mostly because I am in mourning for my nation and hearing the National Anthem causes me to cry. This once great nation is going down the dumper and I honestly don't see any lights at the end of any tunnels. I wish I had hope for the United States, but the truth is I really don't. Nothing ever seems to improve. This is not a Democrat -vs- Republican statement. It's a sad commentary on a nation attempting to totally remove God from every facet of its being. I'm sorry, folks. I know I'm being a downer, but I just can't seem to muster any optimism. I pray that I am wrong. There is one thing that is certain though. God is in control. The Lamb is on the throne.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment