Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Strange Feeling

I wouldn't normally post this, but today is my birthday. I don't like any recognition of my birthday and always wish it would pass like any other day. This wish has nothing to do with age. It has everything to do with avoiding attention. Being a strong introvert, I don't like being the center of attention. So, if I have such a desire to keep my birthday private, why am I posting it on a highly public blog? Well, it's because I turn 47 today and that's the same age my dad was when he died. In fact, my dad passed away exactly two months after his 47th birthday. It's strange to think that same path would leave me only 8 weeks to live. Lord willing I will long outlive my dad. I feel so young and realize with each passing day how much my dad missed by passing at such a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment