Thursday, February 13, 2014

Win one for the Goepper

Our small town here in middle America has been quite abuzz the last few weeks. Hidden Valley Lake (Lawrenceburg) resident, Nick Goepper just competed in the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia. Nick went to East Central High School (Michael and Abby's high school) and got his start at Perfect North Slopes where Michael used to work and where Abby currently works. Both Michael and Abby know Nick, but not real well.

Nick competed in the slopestyle ski event while we all slept on Wednesday night. His performance will air in the U.S. this evening on tape delay. Because of this delay I already know the results of the competition, but I will watch anyway. There are watch parties all over Lawrenceburg tonight, but I'll just be watching from home.

Even though I know the results, I will not be posting them here. I wouldn't want to spoil the fun for those who don't want to know ahead of time.

Here's Nick!













Here's the dam at Hidden Valley Lake. I like this! On another note... I think the date on somebody's digital camera needs to be adjusted. 2035? I don't think so.























Perfect North Slopes. Where it all began!

No comments:

Post a Comment