Friday, February 21, 2014

God's Ways

God's ways are not my ways. God's plan for my life is drastically different than my own plan. In my own way and my own plan, my Dad wouldn't have died at the age of 47. He would have lived to see his grandchildren and he would lived to enjoy his retirement running fishing charters on Lake Erie. God's plan took him from this earth before any of that could happen.

Why all this talk about my dad? Well, tomorrow would have been my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. It's so strange to think about that. In my memory, any 50th wedding anniversary celebration I ever attended was for really old people. My Mom does not fit that description and Dad has been gone for nearly 24 years. It just doesn't seem possible.

Thinking about what could have been for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary causes strange feelings. Dwelling on it is not healthy. Especially since it was God's plan for Mom to get remarried. Cliff is a great guy and has been a real blessing to our family. I miss my Dad, but I also love Cliff and I am so thankful to have him in our family. There are reasons for all these things happening, I just don't know what they are... and I'm not supposed to know. I don't understand it, but God's plan is perfect in every way. Whatever the reason, I know all things are done for His glory.

Soli' Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment