Monday, December 31, 2012

2012- The Year in Review

It happens every year! I promise to keep track of significant events throughout the year and then make a "Year in Review" post. I failed again... Miserably! However, my blog saved me! This blog is an electronic record of events in the Meyer family this year.

This is a record of God's blessings for the Meyer Family in 2012:

January- Most of the month was spent on pins and needles. Jessi and Barry were in Russia making final preparations to bring Sveta home. The wait was agonizing while the blessing was well worth the wait.

February 8th- Barry, Jessi and Sveta land at CVG. A joyous, tearful homecoming ensued. I will never, ever forget that night.

February 18th- Sveta's 4th birthday and first of many in America

March- Most of the month was spent wishing we could visit Sveta every day. We didn't see her much at first because the new family needed time to bond without outside distraction. More waiting... UGH!

April- Sveta's first Easter in America. It was a warm early spring so we had a big outdoor party to introduce the extended family to Sveta.

May- My school year begins to wind down and the countdown to our cruise vacation begins in earnest.

Late May- Memorial Day Weekend. Sveta takes her first swim in Goppa's and Grandma's pool

June- School year ends. I start my summer job at the Seagram's bottling plant.

June 8th- Michael Graduates from East Central High School.

June 22nd- Son-in-law, Barry celebrates his 33rd birthday.

July 7-14- We take a Western Caribbean cruise with Tami's parents and the Kerry Meyer family.

July 11th- While on the cruise we celebrate Abby's 15th birthday. The party is ON!

July 16th- Jessi celebrates her 28th birthday.

July 20th- Tami and I celebrate 21 years of wedded bliss!

August- Michael is a freshman at NKU. I begin my 23rd year of teaching in St. Bernard
Sveta begins her soccer career. We have a blast watching her!

August 2nd- Tami celebrates a birthday. I think she turned 34.

September- My brother achieves the rank of Captain on the St. Bernard Fire Dept. The pool is covered after another fun-filled season. This prompted Sveta to say, "I wanted to swim, but the pool is locked" :-)

Late September/Early October- Tami and I begin hosting a Bible Study in our home for her sister, Terri and Terri's step daughters.

October 1st- This blog turns one year old. Has it been a year already?

October 5th- Sveta's first trip to the Aurora Farmers Fair. She absolutely LOOOOOOOOOVED the rides!

October 18th- Father-in-Law, Frank celebrates his 77th birthday.

October 20th- Michael turns 19... how is that possible?

November 6th- A truly, truly sad day. Early in the evening, my niece, Mary, loses her state semi-final soccer game. A repeat state title is not to be. Later that night in a move that still befuddles me, the people of this great nation re-elect Obama.

November 8th- We receive the news that Jessi is pregnant, but we are not allowed to tell anyone. Keeping a secret is HARD!

November 22 and 23- Sveta's first Thanksgiving! Hilarity rules the day when she declares her chocolate turkey is a rooster!

November- My addiction to the website Pinterest leads to me finding my crafty side. My crafts lead to some fun projects and handmade gifts for Christmas.

December 14th-16th- Abby successfully portrays Gladys in her school play. One of the highlights of the year!

December 22nd- Celebrate Christmas with my mom and Cliff. Celebration is followed by our traditional trip to the manger. Sveta loves feeding the goats, sheep and donkeys.

December 24th-28th- Various Christmas celebrations throughout the family and at church.

December 29th- The cat is out of the bag! I am finally free to tell everyone the good news of Jessi's pregnancy. Thank goodness! I needed to tell someone or I was going to explode!

December 31st- Sitting in a warm house, looking outside at snow on the ground. Thanking the Lord for all the blessings he bestowed upon us in 2012. Every good and perfect gift is from God. You never really know how you've been blessed until you start writing them down (and these are just the biggies that I remember. There are millions I have since forgotten). Eagerly awaiting what our Sovereign God has for us in 2013.

It was a good year. It was a very, very good year of God's mercy and grace.







No comments:

Post a Comment