Thursday, December 13, 2012

Stealing Hearts

It was two years ago today Jessi and Barry first traveled to Russia as a married couple. It was on this day two years ago a little girl changed their lives (and ours) forever. Two years ago Sveta was in an orphanage and faced an uncertain future until a couple of American newlyweds showed up. As Barry put it, "This seemingly innocent little girl came up to me, ripped my heart out and said, 'I'll hold on to this until you return to take me home'". Well said, son-in-law!

Sveta stole Jessi and Barry's heart that day. She has been stealing the hearts of the rest of the family since. From the day we heard of the adoption plans I knew I would love this little girl (even if she wasn't a blood relative). However, I was totally unprepared for the emotion that would consume my life. I don't know the word to describe how much I love this sweet little angel. I'm certain it's a word that is so beautiful it hasn't been made up yet.

Sveta, my sweet. Your Goppa loves you very much! I thank the Lord you are here. You are such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment