Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas eve eve

Today is Christmas eve eve (you know, the day BEFORE Christmas eve). It is unbelievable that Christmas is almost here.

I realized recently that I have enjoyed Christmas more this year than I have in a long time. It doesn't take much thought to figure out why. This is my first Christmas as a grandparent. Having a little one around again has brought some magic back into the holiday. It hasn't been like this since Abby was little. Knowing Sveta was in an orphanage last Christmas, I can't wait to see her open her presents Christmas morning. This little girl has done a lot of living in the ten months since she's been here. I thank God for bringing her here to our family. She is a full fledged Morton/Meyer now!

Don't let all this talk of presents and the magic of Christmas fool you. I have not lost sight of the real reason for all this... the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. A baby sent to earth to save the souls of men.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post. Merry Christmas Meyers and Mortons!

    ReplyDelete