Saturday, December 22, 2012

Reindeer Revisited

I've spent some time this week talking about gifts from the heart. I've decided to give a few of my cork reindeer to friends and family who are wine drinkers. As you can see there is no cost in making them (2 corks, some sticks, a red or black bead and some glue) and they are special because they are hand made. Some of my most cherished Christmas decorations are things both my grandfathers made with their own hands. There is is just something magical about taking these things out of the box each year. Both men have passed on, but I feel like a part of them is still with me when I look at these things they made. I'm not suggesting people will have the same feelings about cork reindeer after I'm dead and gone. I'm only suggesting gifts made by hand are something special to be treasured. Whether it's your five year old son's construction paper ornament or your grandfather's stained glass manger... it's all the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment