Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Card Craft

I had no sooner finished making my Reinbeer today when Tami said she found another craft I might like. I was skeptical when she said it was a 3D spherical ornament made from Christmas cards. It sounded complicated and I only do easy crafts... I don't like things that might cause me frustration. However, I decided to take a look at it before deciding. To my surprise it looked like something that was within my skill set (i.e. any old dope could do it).

The first step is cutting 20 circles from various Christmas cards. Using Tami's scrap booking tools, this job was unexpectedly easy. Then using an equilateral triangle pattern, you trace a triangle on the back of each circle.

After drawing all your triangles, all circles need to be folded as shown.

After folding all the circles it's time to start assembling the sections. Regular Elmer's glue will work just fine.


Once the sections are complete, you put them together forming a 3D sphere.







No comments:

Post a Comment