Friday, December 14, 2012

Jesus in school

Abby's show was terrific! All of the kids did a great job in the play. Obviously Abby stole the show!

I spent most of the evening with a tear in my eye. I was choked up because I was so proud of Abby. I was choked up because the story of Jesus' birth was being portrayed on a public school stage. In some small way I'd like to think some of these kids will be impacted by the biblical account. I'm guessing 99% of these kids had no idea they were acting out Luke 2 (in a humorous way). Maybe some seeds were planted that will one day sprout. I was choked up because Jessi's in-laws (Ray and Kathleen Morton) as well as numerous friends from church came to see the show. I was choked up because Michael and his girlfriend, Meredith came to watch the performance and Michael gave Abby a congratulatory hug afterward. I was also choked up because I was thinking of the events of today at a public school in Newtown, Connecticut. More about that in a later post. Finally I was choked up because the story itself is very touching. Abby did a great job tonight and I cannot wait to see the other performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment