Friday, December 28, 2012

So thankful for our Sveta

All praise, honor and glory to our Lord and Savior! Today more than ever I am thankful for our Sveta being home in the United States. I have always been thankful, but today I have an additional reason to be grateful.

Recent legislation in Russia has President Vladimir Putin putting an end to all adoptions to the U.S. Many families today are crushed knowing the child they want to adopt will not be coming home. This new law pertains to adoptions that are in progress as well new adoptions. This ban is a political retaliation and hurts no one except Russian orphans and American families willing to take them out of deplorable orphanages.

Knowing that exactly one year ago Sveta's adoption was in its final stages, makes me so thankful that she is here. I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking some law could have ever prevented me from meeting the newest love of my life. Sveta landed on American soil on February 8th, 2012. A mere 10 months later, Putin is slamming the door on adoptions. In the grand scheme of life that's a very close call.

Thank you God for bringing this little girl home. I truly cannot imagine life without her. Thank you Jessi and Barry for acting on your desire to adopt a Russian orphan. Any delay could have had devastating consequences. Thank you to anyone who helped in any way in bringing Sveta home.

Please join me in praying the Russian government reverses its stance on this.

Mr. Putin, if you want to retaliate politically against the U.S., then so be it... but don't sentence countless orphans to a life of misery because of your spiteful, vindictive, malicious actions. Find another way, Putin.

No comments:

Post a Comment