Thursday, December 6, 2012

Feelin' It!

I don't know if my crafty side has come out because I am filled with the Christmas spirit or if I am filled with the Christmas spirit because of my new found crafty side. Either way, when It comes to Christmas spirit, I am feeling it this year! I put up the exterior lights weeks ago. The inside of the house is more decorated than it has ever been (See previous posts about wine cork Christmas trees and reindeer) and last night I even went out and cut some pine boughs to add a little extra touch to the decorations. I must say it looks nice.

I also had the distinct pleasure of hosting and teaching a Bible study last night (Special Christmas Edition, of course!) Tami had an engagement outside the house, so I stepped in and taught the Bible study in her place. We focused on Luke 1 and 2. This covers the time from when the angel delivers the Good News to Mary, Joseph's struggle with the news, to the time of Jesus' birth, the shepherds, King Herod and finally the visit from the three wise men. No matter how many times I read the story, I never get tired of it and it never ceases to amaze me.

I also think there are a few more reasons I am filled with Christmas spirit this year. Abby is in a play at school next weekend... "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". The book is a short, but must read. Wonderful, funny and heartwarming story! I'm really looking forward to Abby's performance. I also think it's because this is Sveta's first Christmas with us. It's been a long time since we've had a little one around to be filled with the wonders of the Christmas season. I can't wait to see her experience everything!

More Christmas posts to follow...

Merry Christmas! And in the words of Dickens' Tiny Tim, "God Bless us, every one!"


No comments:

Post a Comment